HIGH SCHOOL ONLY
Tennis players, there will be an informational meeting on Friday the 16th to discuss off season training. Please be in room 302 by 12:20, the meeting will only last a few minutes, so you need to be on time. Any issues please see Coach Caporali in the faculty office. Thanks!
Art Club meeting today after school 3:45-4:45 in room 214 to discuss what students would like to create until the weather cools in October! Once weather permits, we will paint another mural on the Ramada. Questions? See Ms. Summa
SENIORS: The Tuesday Senior Thesis seminars begin tomorrow! They will be from 3:30-5pm. Ms. Somsen, Mrs. Stephens, Ms. Caporali and their advisees will meet in the library. Mr. Poppleton, Mr. King, Mr. Mendoza and their advisees will meet in room 208. Make sure you have the reading completed! For Hard Times read the first 10 chapters. For Notes read p. 3-41.
Attention all 9th graders plus any high school students new to the school! Come to a mandatory meeting Monday, August 19th during high school Lyceum in the theater to discuss community service. All Chandler Prep high school students are required to complete community service hours in order to graduate. Please be on time at the beginning of Lyceum.
SENIORS – Your activity sheet is due today. Please turn it in to Ms. Schmitt or Mrs. Ruby.
* The following colleges are visiting Chandler Prep in the coming days:
- ASU – Monday, Aug. 14
- NAU – Thursday, Aug. 15
- UofA – Monday, Aug. 19
- GCU – Thursday, Aug. 22
- Barrett – Friday, Aug. 23
Sign up in the forum and get your gold pass signed by your teacher at least 24 hours before the scheduled visit. Bring the signed pass with you to the presentation.
* Update Naviance – Input colleges you’re applying to, submitting applications for and admission decisions you’ve received. See your counselor if you have questions.
JUNIORS, SOPHOMORES & FRESHMEN
You are invited to sign up for any out-of-state college scheduled to visit Chandler Prep this year. Please see Ms. Schmitt or Mrs. Ruby in the College Counseling Office to get a gold pass and to ask any questions.
- Pick up your transcript from, and turn in your Activity Sheet to your College Counselor by the end of the day Monday, August 12
- The first college visits of the year to Chandler Prep begin this week. Remember to sign up in the Forum. Get your gold College Visit Pass signed by your teacher at least 24 hours before the scheduled visit. Bring your signed pass to the college presentation. You can find blank passes in the College Corner or one of the College Counselor’s offices.
JUNIORS & SENIORS
- Many out-of-state colleges begin visiting the state of Arizona this month and continue through the fall. Various evening or weekend events are held throughout the valley. Check the Junior and Senior bulletin boards between the College Counselor’s offices for upcoming off-campus presentations. Most events also require that you register online. Details are posted on the bulletin boards.
Attentions High School students interested in joining Key Club, there will be an informational meeting TODAY at 3:20 in the cafeteria. Come to hear all the amazing activities, opportunities and friendships that are built at Key Club. See you there!!
Juniors and Seniors: If you are planning on driving during the 2019-2020 school year please attend an informational meeting during high school lyceum in the theater TOMORROW. We will be discussing parking during the upcoming year.
MIDDLE SCHOOL ONLY
MS Art Club starts today from 3:30-4:30 and will run every Monday throughout the semester. Please see Ms. Dupee with any questions!
If you played MS basketball last year, please come see coach Lytle in the athletic office during Lyceum to pick up your T-shirt.
HIGH SCHOOL AND MIDDLE SCHOOL
Drama Club is starting up!! If you are interested in theatre or performing, please stop by as we will have an informative meeting TODAY after school in the theatre from 3:30pm to 4:30pm. If you have any questions please feel free to direct them towards Mr.Metcalf!!! You can also direct questions towards Mr.Blanco…..
Do you play an instrument (stings, woodwinds, brass, or percussion) but missed the first meeting for the instrumental groups? See Mrs. Gottry in room 213 for information and/or registration.
Women’s Choir begins again Tuesday with a student-only informational meeting at 7:45 a.m. in room 306. Come help make plans for the year and be part of an incredible singing club on campus. You do not need any paperwork signed to come on Tuesday, and all instructions for registering will be given out at the meeting. All grades are welcome, 6th through 12th, and we sing all styles of music at 2 concerts a year. Please contact Mrs. Stephens in room 306 (just down the hall from the cafeteria) if you have any questions.
Men’s Choir! The first meeting of the CPA Men’s Choir will be Tuesday morning at 7:15 AM in room 213. The Men’s Choir is open to all men in all grades. There are no auditions, just come sing with us! See Mr. Ewer with any questions or for more details.
ALL STUDENTS MUST HAVE A LOCK ON THEIR RESPECTIVE LOCKERS, AND LOCKED WHEN NOT IN USE, IMMEDIATELY. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN A LUNCH DETENTION WITH AN ASSISTANT HEADMASTER. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE SEE MRS. BRADY.